I feel under the weather


to have / to get

  • I have a headache: Tengo dolor de cabeza
  • I get a headache: Tengo dolor de cabeza


Vocabulary about illnesses:

  • Toothache: dolor de muela/diente
  • a cold: gripa
  • fever: fiebre
  • flu: resfriado
  • stomach ache: dolor de estómago
  • heart disease: enfermedad cardíaca
  • sore throat: garganta irritada
  • cough: tos
  • earache: dolor de oído
  • heart attack: ataque cardíaco
  • chickenpox: varicela


Practice:

Valentina is at the doctor’s office. Complete the conversation.

- Doctor: How are you today?
- Valentina: I __________ under the weather. I have a terrible headache.
- Doctor: ___________ you hit your head?
- Valentina: No, I haven’t.
- Doctor: OK. Let me check your eyes ... Open your mouth, please. It’s been very hot today.
Your mouth is dry. Have you ___________ enough water? If you don’t drink enough water,
you will get a headache.
- Valentina: Well, no. I haven’t drunk much water today.
- Doctor: You  should drink a lot of water. Especially when it’s hot. If you drink more water, you will feel better.

Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog

Way to go! Student's book

The environment rap