Describing Quito city




Hello! My name is Angélica and I’m from Ecuador, a wonderful country in South America.
I live in Quito, which is the capital city and has around 2.6 million inhabitants. Quito is a really old city, it dates from the 16th century and there are more than 130 old buildings in the historic centre!
We only have two seasons here in Quito: summer, or the dry season, and winter, or the rainy season. I can’t decide which I like the best: the sunny summer days or the cooler, rainy winter days.
The most wonderful thing about living here is that around Quito there are numerous mountains and volcanoes. The nearest volcano is the Pichincha! You can actually see it from my house!
Another fantastic place to visit not far from Quito is the La Mitad del Mundo or Equator monument and museum. Can you guess exactly where La Mitad del Mundo is?

Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog

Way to go! Student's book

The environment rap