Environmental Concerns

Read some stories about teenagers getting involved in their communities.


I’m Carlos. I live in Nóvita, Chocó. It’s near the River Támana. My friends and I love living in the rainforest with all its plants and animals. We’re concerned about illegal mining. This activity pollutes rivers and streams, erodes land, and affects our health.

I’m Diego from Ciénaga. I’m the son of a fisherman and I live near the lagoon. I’m worried about fish. They are dying because the level of oxygen is low. There is too much water pollution.



I’m Luisa. I live in Arcabuco, Boyacá. I enjoy walking in these beautiful mountains. I’m concerned about deforestation . A lot of people cut down trees for agriculture and cattle farming. It affects ecosystems and biodiversity.



I’m Laura. I live in Medellín, Antioquia. My friends and I love going for walks around the city. We’re concerned about air pollution. Cars and factories produce fumes. Low quality gasoline and diesel are considered the main causes of this problem.




I’m Rodrigo. I live in Soacha, Boyacá. I enjoy walking in these beautiful mountains. I’m concerned about soil pollution. Farmes use pesticides, these synthetic chemicals are absorbed.

Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog

Way to go! Student's book

The environment rap